You decide to go for it and schedule a wax service, yay! Waxing for hair removal can be a good way to stay on top of personal grooming, but sometimes when things don’t go as planned it’s usually due to improper post waxing care. So before your appointment here are a few tips you should follow.
1. Gently exfoliate 1-2 days before and after your appointment. This helps to minimize potential for ingrown hairs.
2. Avoid drying soaps and shower gels on areas of the body that have been waxed. Dry skin can lead to irritation.
3. Avoid powders or other fragranced body care. The synthetic fragrances added to personal care products may potentially cause irritation on freshly waxed skin resulting in hives, itching, swelling.
4. Use a ph balancing soap, especially on the private areas.
5. Avoid hot tubs and saunas, workouts post body and intimate area wax for the first 24 hours. This is to minimize potential bacterial infections.
6. Keep skin moisturized, hydrated skin heals better.
7. Wear spf on freshly exposed skin post wax. Remember waxing is a form of exfoliation and the sun exposure could lead to risk of burns
8. Go commando! After a brazilian or bikini wax the less friction the better. The friction from the underwear can be irritating and cause additional inflammatory bumps on the skin.
9. Avoid sex for 24 hours. See #8